Tuesday 17 March 2009




Let me begin with a confession – this is my third attempt at a food blog! I have recently been inspired though by a number of other food blogs which have put mine to shame so I’m hoping that third time is a charm and I may actually be able to produce something that looks half decent!

I’ve launched a business…”The Fat Cat” making chutneys, pickles and luxury sauces! I’ll be selling my wares at village fetes and hopefully at some evening parties run and hosted by friends! (In conjunction with two other friends who also have various items to sell). We haven’t got the ball rolling just yet – in fact I’m just testing out a number of chutney recipes and pickled onions. I’ve bought all of the jars so there’s no going back now! They are currently littering my house so I feel now that I have to fill them!

So far I’ve managed to successfully make Delia’s Chili Jam and a Spiced Apple Chutney…both were received well by the guinea pigs in my office. In fact I’ve had requests for more of the chili jam, although this won’t be coming for a while yet until I get the rest of the chutneys tried and tested. So world domination one chutney at a time!!!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with all of this, Samcat. Hope it's a roaring success. I enjoy making jams and chutneys but wouldn't fancy doing it in vast quantities. You're a brave lady!
    Elpe (from DOL)

    ReplyDelete